Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Monday, December 13, 2004

Uptown Girl?

...Saturday night I had an invite to "a wine tasting party". Now ...if you know me well at all you can imagine how excited I was. I love to experience new things ...especially where alcohol is involved! My only problem was these people were a little more uptown than myself ...a little more ...cultured, if you will. I really wanted to wow them with whatever bottle I would introduce. ...So ...Sat. night I spent 15 minutes in the local liquor outlet picking a wine "with a robust bouquet" ha ha ha ...I love the internet! I settled on a massive bottle of arbor mist. Everybody who's anybody would love that ...right?

We met at a nice little place in town for a meet & greet and some supper ...that's when I realized I was terribly different than these chaps! They were sooooooooo grown up! I'm just ...not. As they talked of current events my mind wondered to my own current event ...Why the hell did I wear panties for these people ...they were peeking out of my pants and riding up the crack of my a** . I'm just not really a panty person ...but I was trying to keep up with the jones. When in rome....

As I arrived at the house I was a little anxious to get started ...but first, of course, more current events, followed by a global warming debate. Hmmmp ...someone please tell me why I am not drunk yet. ...Finally the wine was brought in ...I proudly sat my arbor mist on the counter with the generic price tag still in place ...$8.70 ...Wow! Then I noticed ...none of their wine was chilled and they certainly did not bear a price tag ...apparently good wine is not meant for the fridge ...but where did they shop that their wine didn't have a price tag??? The hostess explained why we needed to start with the dryest wines and move down to sweet ...and why we would NEVER move down the the arbor mist level ...WHAT??? Were you aware that arbor mist is not a wine ...but more so a wine cooler? I knew I loved that stuff;)

Okay ... Can we just get this thing started? We started with a very dry wine that made me think I was drinking river water spiked with a plentiful amount of warheads. NO THANKS ...I ate so much cheese to get the taste out of my mouth I won't potty for a week! This was followed by things like tree bark ...how lovely. We finally moved on to the sweeter wine ...where I discovered I like the home brewed stuff A LOT. I'm just a firm believer in eating/drinking what I like. I don't do anything because that's what someone else says I should do ...unless he/she is really hot ;) and it just seems like some folks force themselves to like things that others really don't ...just to make themselves appear ...bigger. ...If I have to acquire a taste for something ...I DON'T WANT IT! That's just terrible ...Steer clear of that ...if you don't like it the first time it's in your mouth ..spit!

In the end ...the bottle of arbor mist was opened/finished my me and I had a great time ...eventually I worked sex talk into their conversations and had a blast. By the end of the night everyone was telling secrets and contemplating ecstasy.

I guess I'm not really an uptown girl after all ...maybe more of a Hoe-Down kind of girl! Can anyone recommend a good wine that won't embarrass me/them the next time I walk in?

11 Comments:

  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You brought Arbor Mist to a wine tasting? That's so very something I would do. I love it. For future wine tastings, go to epicurious.com and take one of their recommendations. That's hilarious. (And I am not laughing AT you, by the way. WITH you.)

    Beth
    http://supermom3604.diaryland.com

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    It's always something crazy in my world. ...and Im not so much worried about me as my bf. He'll never live this down and I'll always be remembered as "that girl you dated that brought arbor mist to our wine tasting" ...Poor fella;)

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    piss on them if they cant take a joke, I belief is that screw top wines have gotten a bad name, Thoose of us who hang out under the bridge over by the RR tracks happen to enjoy cheap wines.

    still waiting on my bloody marys...

    god, help me if I see one more enzyte ad, I am going to go nuts, like I care of Bob sports wood or not? sorry just venting.

    JQP

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    JOHN ..IT WASN'T A JOKE! That's really my fav wine!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am laughing with you also. Wine tasting, not my area of expertise. I hate wine. I'm more of a wine cooler person too. I really don't understand liking wine, but I guess it floats some boats. Good luck next time!
    Heather
    http://mommislife.blogspot.com

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Toni said…

    Sorry, but hold on a second- you don't normally wear panties??? Doesn't it errr...chafe?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, btw. I had the generic blogger template for a while myself. I just changed it last week. Since it took me hours and hours (and am still fussing with it), I'm not changing it again any time soon! :)

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger The Zero Boss said…

    Hey - you left a comment on my site about how to do linking. If you need me to help you out, send me your actual email address and I'll do my best. :)

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Phin Samuels said…

    Doesn't sound like my kind of party either.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Kimchihead said…

    I'm not big on wine. It puts me right to sleep. Give me a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label any day! :)

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger globalrenovation said…

    "Côte de Beaune" then again your uptowners may not be that far up!

     
  • At 3:24 AM, Blogger Ia Iowa House Cleaning said…

    Suitable blog, its very good. I liked the site its
    from so much I have to visit it again! I surf the web
    for blogs like yours in my spare time.
    Check out my vt vermont house cleaning blog, please!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home