Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Monday, January 17, 2005

Diary of a Carb Craver...

Happy Monday Morning! ...only things are not so happy here in Strawberries world ...things are getting pretty scary around the house. My whole family has vowed to never eat carbs again. ...okay ...I'm over-dramatic ...20-30 carbs a day ...which is totally virtually impossible. What was Atkins thinking ...this is crazy. I'm hallucinating and beginning to sleepwalk. Friday morning 2am I found myself naked at the table eating a nutty bar (which is way better than the time I drank my daughters science experiment!) ...with no recollection of how I got there ... And the man is totally freaking me out ...he's got this weird foam thing going at the mouth ...and he's starting to look at my arms funny. ...I'm scared to go to sleep for fear he will try to eat me. I crave things I never wanted before ....I'd like to sink my face deep in a double decker chocolate cake this morning. I have lost 5 lbs (or around about) in 1 week ...I'd celebrate if I could drink ...but I'm afraid that's out of the question as well.

Does anyone have any low carb foods for me? ...How do you loose weight ;)

10 Comments:

  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger CrackerSnacker said…

    Congratulations thats a good amount to lose 5LBS in a week WOWZA!!
    "Friday morning 2am I found myself naked at the table eating a nutty bar" Ahehe that is hilarious cant say that has ever happend to me :)

    COngrats on the weight loss again, I dont really have any tips but wish you guys the best, I know I couldn't do it(Atkins). recently I have just been eating ALOT of salad with no dressing just vinegar and salt and eating not much meat throughout the week...anytime I need a snack I fill a bowl with salad and pour my vinegar and salt on their and eat to my hearts desire :).

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    Atkins really takes the weight off fast ...and I'm not big on dieting ...just plain big ;) hee hee hee ..not to bad ...I just need to loose my 20 lbs. of a** that lurks behind me! ..The initial 2 week induction is hellacious ...count on eating meat, fish, eggs (not fish eggs ..fish and eggs!) and cheese ..oh ..and you can still have your salad ...4 cups a day;) ..but all the meat you can eat;) I've always been a big meat eater ..some bigger than others;)

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Pigs said…

    Put a mirror in front of you while you eat and brush your teeth when you're hungry between meals! :o)

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger JohnnyDakota said…

    I have a friend who swears by a diet of plenty of Orange Juice, chain smoking cigarettes, and sniffing cocaine. But I don’t recommend it. His complexion is horrible.

    Stick to the Akins diet. I hear it works great. But I also heard that once on it, you have to stick to it or the weight comes back triple fold.

    Johnny

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    hmmm ...I've tried that ...but never with the O.J. ..thanx for the suggestion;)

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I honestly don't think there's any secret short-cut. It's moderation in your diet and exercise. Also try to drink water ALL day long. I would NOT be able to survive without my carbs! :(
    Chana
    www.bunnyburrow.com

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger vandamonium said…

    Thanks for stopping by and for the nice comment. Everything is much clearer now. Not only my computer screen but my body as well. As for the low carbs. Yuck! While I was in San Antonio my Mom made one of those low carb cakes and I'm sorry to say it tasted like crap. My sister-in-law took one bite and then went in the kitchen and baked a real cake. Loads of carbs.

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That Atkins is awful!My husband was on it last year and I thought I would die.lol
    Emily aka madmommy

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey thanks for stopping by my blog :) I'm glad you enjoyed my sermon on worthship(worship). Thanks again for stopping by.

    Gamerguy (evildobbi)

    http://gamerguy.blog-city.com

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger blamblam said…

    Hey thanks for the comment..umm On my other blog geeked-out.diaryland.com. I'm enjoying Citizen Girl. I've almost finished it. I don't really want to stop for stupid things like work or sleep. I'm going to have to pick up the Nanny Diaries next.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home