Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Thursday, February 24, 2005

I LOVE MY MOMMA!

Ya'll my mother called last night while I was gone to the drug store (getting my little snow bunny more pain killers) to remind us that 3 people in Ky had been diagnosed with meningittis and that we could be, consequently, affected. ...I live in Indiana momma ...but maybe you should start taking a few precautions yourself ..God love her ..she's all right.

So ...I don't really know much about meningittis ...but I do have a question ...and try not to laugh or poke to much fun ...I just always wonder if i'm doing things the right way ...or how other people do them. I was raised by some pretty backwards people ...good folks, you know ...and we went to a Dr. that didnt believe in a lot of meds ...mostly home remedy's ...truth be told this guy worked out of the back of a vw van ...and I'm not sure now if he even WAS a Doctor. ...Do ya'll wash your hands EVERYTIME you go to the potty room? ...Because I don't ...and never if I'm at home ...unless i get a little splash up or something;) I figure those are my germs there ...I usually do when I'm out ...and sometimes at work (I have my own bathroom) ...I don't consider myself a "dirty girl" by any means but typically it depends where I am... I don't invest a lot in instant hand sanitizers ...I have a pretty good immune system (even after a bone marrow transplant) and am not sure that doesn't weaken the body's own defenses. I propose that after prolonged use your body might tend to rely on the sanitizer as opposed to it's own cootie killers. What are your thoughts?

9 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Rainbow-Bright said…

    I do not wash after every pee, my gosh, I pee 25-30 times a day, I'd have some seriously chapped hands! I do wash in a public restroom no matter what and I ALWAYS wash after going poo, just too gross not to, shoo--wee!

    Yes, dear SS...your momma is a bit eccentric, shall we say. But, just think you would have turned out, had she been normal? ;)

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    Yeah ..and I like me! and you;)

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Well I guess you could say I had good seats I was back stage i mabe most of the costums and them when the paly was on i had to help with the costum change It so much fun!!!

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    uuummm, ok... dont know if I want to come over for dinner now...

    in my line of work you wash your hands all the time.....

    thats why I am the picture of health.

    but I have been in reastrooms in the deep south where my dick was the cleanest thing in there.

    morning all!

    JQP

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger ananonymousgirl said…

    JQP - You are not the picture of health. You are simply Sasquatch ;)
    I liked the gay boots too!

    As for washing. Well, I do every time. However, I try to stay away from anti-bacterial soaps. Some germs you just have to build up an immunity too. I truly think that's why so many people are sniffly these days. Too much cleanliness. You know, like JQP's dick.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    I don't mean to sound like a "dirty girl" ...but I'm just dumbfounded how you could wash your hands 20 times a day? ...I wrap so much paper around my hand I feel very well guarded;) So ...rarely at home but always in public ...even in the south JQP ;)

    So ...what about midnight trips? Do you wash then too ...or just let them party on your hands all night and get in your sheets? I am barely coherant enough to make it to the bathroom ..let alone take a bath??

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Keely said…

    man this is a strange conversation.... I wanna join!

    I'm a clean hand freak - I have heard too many stories about what you can get, and I stay pretty healthy, so I think it must work. Seriously - pay attention to all you touch during the day - it'll freak you out and you'll be OCD like me! I'm one of those girls who uses a towell to open the door; But no, I do not wash them during one of those midnight runs.

    One of the biggest ways to get meningitis though are at water fountains - bring your own bottles and don't refill at the fountain.

    that was fun...

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    I'm am more concerned with what I pick up at the grocery store or what's on the pen at the bank than I am in my own bathroom... Like I said ...I am BIG on paper usage ...lots of t.p. ;)

    You down with O.C.D. ...Yeah you know Keely! hee hee hee! Come back anytime!

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Ga Georgia House Cleaning said…

    Unusual blog. I liked the site its from so much I
    have to visit it again! I surf the web for blogs like
    yours in my spare time.
    I want you to stop and compare with my ms mississippi house cleaning blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home