Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

D.M.V

It seems
John Q. Public and I share more in common than just the love of polyester and 24 "film stores". John just received a license to drive in the great state of INDIANA! As did I! I moved here from Ky last year ...and have been driving on my Ky license ever since ...until it expired in February:( I had put it off as long as I could. I'm usual a "safety citizen" ..Honest, I AM A LAW-ABIDER! However, I do not have good test taking skills and panic under pressure ...I am 29 years old ...I didn't want to have to admit, as JQP did, that I had failed my drivers test. So, I studied nights on end ...hyped up on tequila and cigarettes and finally made my way down to the D.M.V. **I'd like to stop here and ask a question. ...If a place does not open till 8 and it is 30 degrees below 0 outside ...why are there 15 senior citizens waitting in line outside the door at 7:50? ...They don't have anywhere else to go anyway, why the rush to be first in line?** I sat down at the test area and noticed several young people I knew ..pretty well. My palms began to sweat and a wave of nausea swept over me ..then I hear "Don't worry Ms. "my name" ..."you'll do fine" ...it seems some of the students I substitute at the high school were also taking there drivers test ..GREAT! I soooo can not fail this test in front of them. The first one in ...the last one to leave, a panic attack and 4 wrong answers later ...I am now the proud holder of a valid drivers license;) Stressful times...

10 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    LOL, ROTF LMAO!!!!

    You too? well hell at least you got it done in one trip...

    that test sure wasnt like the one I took when I was 16!

    hey what county do you live in? I am all over the southern part of the state in April! I would let you and rock star buy me a few beers...

    JQP

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    LOL, I meant to say 24 HOUR Video Stores! Hee hee hee ..I am such a loser!

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    ...and yes JQP ..we will buy you all the beers you like;) ...I know a place to get some DELICIOUS bloody marys too;)

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    well drop me a line and let me know what part of the state ya'll in...

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Fishman said…

    Congrats on the license Shortcake. Although, you keep smoking cigs ... and I'm gonna come down there and smoke your bottom!!! You know better than that!! Stop smoking!! Oh,and I bet your picture is cute!!!

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    I'm just a "social smoker" these days;) It's such a gross habit -I truthfully can not stand to see a woman smoke a cigarette -BUT I LOVE THEM!!! They just make you look so low class...

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    JqP - We're mostly in the southern part of state, meet ya at 4th Street;)

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Master Foley said…

    LOL
    SS you are too funny

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger twisted said…

    Wooohooo!!!! Congrats on officially being a "hoosier" lol, yeah right, like thats something your real proud of!!;)

    If you read my comment on JQP's site, you would see I have to ge relinquence my license within the next 2 weeks and just get a state ID, this really sucks dog turds!!!

    but, i really do need the pic updated, I look soooo much different now than in my pic, I literally have a hard time getting into bars!!!

    but siriously, good job, I hear the new writen test is really tough, i haven't had to take one since I was 16, so not sure

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger De Delaware House Cleaning said…

    Irresistible blog. I look for blogs like this one
    when time allows me to. I enjoyed the site and I'll
    check it next time!
    Hey playa! You need to check out my pr puerto rico house cleaning blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home