Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

"GET ON OUTTA H'YERE"

When I am in the right mood -I will argue about anything ...and in the wrong mood, I will argue about everything ...but in the end, I'm always laughing about what I was mad about in the first place. ...Which takes me back to last Friday.

I love children, I have one of my own (13y.o.g) ..but always dreamed of having a house full. My baby maker is no longer funtioning so I resort to "slumber parties" to fill the extra floor space. Last Friday night I invited 8 kids over ...ages ranging from 6 months to 7 years old. I thought we'd make some crafty little things, play board games, pig out, do some whip its and dance till dawn! I LOVE THIS STUFF! ...I knew that dinner would be rushed and I would get home as everyone was being dropped off ...so I resorted to hot dogs and macaroni's ...I know, who eats hot dogs anymore ..I've been informed it is no longer acceptable ...However, it was a food staple when I was a kiddo ...along with the bottle of gin I had hid under my bunk bed;) Anyway, I had purchased 2 packs of hot dogs and a big box of noodles to fix mac and cheese ...HO-MADE MAC AND CHEESE (I know, I ROCK!) ...When I came home I noticed the rockstar had already been into my hot dogs ....UUUUGGGGH! ...I had just enough ...so, you know, I was a little upset already ...so I am rushing thru supper and he's really annoying me (no reason, I was just easily annoyed by him that night) and I lay a plate of hot dogs on the table and tell my 4 y.o nephew "Do Not Touch-They are Very Hot and Will Burn You" ...So naturally, the minute I turn my head he grabs one ...Poor little fella burnt his mouth up ...The rockstar smarts with "I bet his momma would'a never given him a HOT dog" ...UUUUGGGH Again -My sister is most rocken and there's some comp. there ...don't egg it on! What an A**! Next he's dipping in my mac and cheese (agian, this is for the children and he's supposed to be leaving and with his last comment ...I'm a little more annoyed than initially) ...so I take my "big momma sized spoon" and flick a little (OKAY-WHOLE LOT) of mac and cheese on his shirt and tell him to "Get on out a H'yere" (sorta jokingly, sorta not) This is when he gives me a big ol' bear hug FROM BEHIND and smears the mac and cheese from his sweatshirt into my hair. I'M LIVID -So obviously, this is not the time to pick a fight (with 8 kiddo's in the house) ...I grab a scrunchie and flip my hair up into it ...cheese and all and tell him how much I love him and how I can't wait to kick his A** for that stunt when he gets home ...so my question is ...Why didn't I just let him have a little mac and cheese? I had like 2 lbs. I am just soooo rotten;) Wouldn't a hurt nothin' -I just didn't want to (says with much brattiness!!)

13 Comments:

  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    wow, about time...

    one: ok, lets see, gald to have you back!


    two: women, your all nuts

    three, you come'n up for the fall down? if not you will miss one hell of a good time...

    four, I need sleep

    five, I really need a new line of work

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    It does feel good to be back;)

    Sorry to hear about your vacations ..vacation;) You really needed some R&R.

    ...and where is this pub, ladde?

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Master Foley said…

    rockstar got ya good givin ya a bear hug

    too funny

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    He sure did and he held me there ..telling me what a wonderful woman I was and how he couldn't wait to come home to me and our 8 kids ..he played it off real good ...got me good without saying a single hateful word in front of the kids... I love'im though ..mostly I love him for putting up with me and my over-behaving;)

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    He sure did and he held me there ..telling me what a wonderful woman I was and how he couldn't wait to come home to me and our 8 kids ..he played it off real good ...got me good without saying a single hateful word in front of the kids... I love'im though ..mostly I love him for putting up with me and my over-behaving;)

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    He sure did and he held me there ..telling me what a wonderful woman I was and how he couldn't wait to come home to me and our 8 kids ..he played it off real good ...got me good without saying a single hateful word in front of the kids... I love'im though ..mostly I love him for putting up with me and my over-behaving;)

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He sure did and he held me there ..telling me what a wonderful woman I was and how he couldn't wait to come home to me and our 8 kids ..he played it off real good ...got me good without saying a single hateful word in front of the kids... I love'im though ..mostly I love him for putting up with me and my over-behaving;)

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Rainbow-Bright said…

    wow, guess you had some trouble with your comment... ;)

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    she must of really ment it...

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, just thank goodness you didn't make that awesome cheesy hamburger you did for RElay for Life!!! I would comment on food fun in the sack .. but you did have kids ;-)

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Fishman said…

    Oooops .. that last one was by me shortcake

    Fishman

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Lou said…

    Homemade Mac n Cheese? You do rock! I feed my rugrats hotdogs too- ds prefers them raw, straightout of the fridge! Cuts down on prep time I suppose lol!

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Nd North Dakota House Cleaning said…

    Excellent blog. It was so great and I bet I will
    go back to it! I get to look online for blogs like
    yours is a blessing.
    I want you to stop and compare with my mo missouri house cleaning blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home