Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Thursday, March 17, 2005

LUCKY AS A LEPRECHAUN

Happy St. Pat's Day my little leprechauns;) This St. Pat Morn was spent the same as many Patty Morns before ...nursing my "Pre-Pat Party" Hangover and hearing my 80 y.o grandmother yell "Top O' the Mornin to You" while running little round men in green thongs and suspenders out of my bed ...My grandmother calls me at 7 am every morning (aside from weekends and the twice a year she oversleeps) and every St. Patricks Day she entertains me with the story of how Patrick chased all the snakes from Ireland and that's how he became such a saint thus creating the first alcoholic in the Sullivan family ..my family. My Great Great Grandpa Guy Sullivan and his wife Annie sailed across the ocean from Ireland to America on a trunk (trunk full of Irish whiskey probably) ...well they came over on a boat but spent much of the time sitting on the trunk they brought with them;) ...I am curious as to what caused this migration from Ireland and, honestly, feel a little cheated that I have lived half my life as a drunk crack whore in Ky when could have been truly accepted somewhere else... I am, However, feeling a little lucky today ...First of all ..I am Irish ...and drunk ...and wearing green thongs today that, quite possibly, will be seen by an office full of men by days end ...After all, I AMMM drinking;) Now ...surely I'll get a free lunch out of the deal ...how could a gal get any luckier!! And who knows, maybe I'll drink up enough courage to ask my grandmother for that trunk (i've been dying for) AGAIN! Happy St. Pat's - Bottoms UP! ...Or in my case, Down;)

7 Comments:

  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Master Foley said…

    oh yeah green thong
    too sexy

    you go girl
    take pictures for us

     
  • At 3:23 AM, Blogger Raven the Pagan said…

    I concur green thong very sexy. Have to admit I'm a thong man. Can't help it I love seeing a... never mind let's not go there. LOL Happy St. Patrick's Day Strawberrie. Thanks for stoping by at my blog. Loved reading your blog. You can count me as a return visitor. I'll be back! Peace Out

     
  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Winning Loser said…

    I would love to see a little piece of emerald string especially when it is used to highten lovely peach colors... or a lovely little peach... I've missed you guys.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Winning Loser said…

    I would love to see a little piece of emerald string especially when it is used to highten lovely peach colors... or a lovely little peach... I've missed you guys.

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger Fishman said…

    Hey SS and RB, sorry so late on the Happy Patty's thing .. but you know I was thinkin bout ya! Hope the green stuff that went down didn't come back!!!!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Ang said…

    Very cute site! Loved the mental picture I got of your little grandma holloring Top of the morning to you. She sounds adorable.
    Angela

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Va Virginia House Cleaning said…

    Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
    site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
    finding blogs as good as your site.
    Search for my md maryland house cleaning blog, it will leave you speechless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home