Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Friday, April 01, 2005

Disgruntled Worker?

Have you ever worked with someone that ...just does not know what they are doing, does not have a clue about the way the business is run and creates so much additional work for you that you want to back over them in your SUV after work? ...Well, that person is me. Really! I am in a position that ...I really feel a little small for. It's quite troublesome for me because it undermines my exceptionally high self esteem;) and really really annoys the 3 boys I work for. First of all, in my defense, I would like to say that I am generally a high achiever ...on average;) and I really strive to learn the business and make sense of it all ...IT IS JUST SO FOREIGN TO ME! ...and honestly, I am not the brightest crayon in the box. So, as you can imagine some days are more stressful than others and since I am learning ...everyone tries to be patient. However, there are days that patience is a virtue we're not alloted.

This week a problem arose. A small problem but an ENORMOUS one for me to solve on my own. I won't focus on the problem (did I mention I have a problem focusing?) but would rather look at the chain of events it caused here at the workplace. I think by asking for help with this situation some underlying hostilities came to surface ...and, In this guys defense, I completely understand those frustrations ...I'd be fed up with me too;) ...anyway, a couple of "nasty-grams" were sent via email regarding my imcompetance. I got my feelings hurt (because I've got those stupid girl "feelings") and someone thought an "apology" was in order ....guess he saw my big ol' tears via the camera he had installed UNDER MY DESK. This is where things get interesting:

THE TRUCE: After lunch my co-worker (if I'm not really a "worker" does that still make him a "co-worker"???) presents me with a beautiful chocolate cross from the candy store down the street (this is like dreamo-supremo choco- ...best you ever had!!) ...but, sits it upside down on my desk ...I asked "What's that supposed to mean" His reply "I think it's supposed to be the sign of the devil" ..hmm ..ok, does he mean i'm like the devil or is he cursing my desk or what? Then he asks "Don't you feel strange about eating "the cross" ...WTF? It's a freaking piece of chocolate what do you expect me to do? -Plant it in my front yard and kneel before it every morning? ...During this same time, my boss brings in another piece of chocolate ...(cause he ROCKS! -when he's not being an a**) This one is a cute little teddy bear -then co-worker #1 says "Hey, lets tie the teddy bear to the cross" ....Now, do you see why I drink so much? What is wrong with this picture? Do normal people behave this way?

Anyway, say a little prayer for me today that God sends some brains down here to me -EXPRESS DELIVERY PLEASE! I am dying here ..and really, I'd like to keep my job ..I sort a like the boys;)

6 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Hanzo said…

    Maybe if you recreate the Exorcist crucifix scene they'll start givin ya some rahspekt.

    On a side note: is your job in the mortgage world?

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Fishman said…

    Lovely little Shortcake, don't you know those boys are just trying to show their chivalrous side ... in a weird way, granted, but still being chivalrous. They obviously can tell you're upset (I remember the look on your face when you're sad) and just wanted to try to make you feel better. So, be happy that they care, cause that's a good thing. Oh, and maybe if you planted the choco cross ... it would grow into a choco dogwood. Either way ... I think you missed your calling as humor columnist :-D

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Master Foley said…

    maybe you should just lick the cross and stick it to the wall upside down

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Rainbow-Bright said…

    Just try to keep in mind why they hired you...cause you are hot and you make them laugh. Tell them if they expect more...well, they'll just have to pay more. Or maybe I'll quit my job and work there too...between both of us, we'd have them boys good and takin' care of. ;)

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    LOL, I guess you have to have a little history ...Co-worker 1 is an athiest. I think this was his way at poking fun at my love of someone he can't see. It's ok, I just figure that's his loss.

    I took a position in the "engineering field" last year and thought I could muddle my way through something I have no clue about (I'm good at that;) However, the job is a little more than I expected and it's taking me awhile to catch on ...meanwhile, i'm still here and have received a 5% raise ..at least they enjoy the blowjobs;)

    and Hanzo, I'm not familiar with the exorcist ..my rage is more like carrie ...Lucille Ball style;)

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    Fishy ...thanks **strawberrie leans head to one side and smiles** I miss you sometimes;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home