Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

HOWDY YA'LL!

It's good to be back in the Bluegrass!

UPDATE: Sat. morn I woke up at the butt crack of dawn to load my big orange uhaul and hi-tail it back home. Although I had help loading, I had the priviledge of driving this thing. I'm sure it looked pretty commical ...as I could barely reach the pedals;) I drove back country roads for 2 hours trying to make my way back into KY ...by the time I got there I had quite a few red faced, road rage, pissed off people that were behind me the whole time! Who'd have thought so many people would take the same path I had ...seems like the least likely option ...as my path is generally the beat up rocky one that needs some serious clearing!

Not too much excitement (sadly) to report. I've been "hold up" in the house on the hill. Just trying to get things in order and perform a "one woman extreme home makeover" ...this house is seriously lost in the 80's! So far I've been "scoreing" a 3 foot section of wall for 4 days and have removed 3 strips of wallpaper ...hmmm ...this may take longer than i thought;)

It's been hard to adjust ...teenage daughter is trying to complete last month of school in Indiana ...so I only spend Wed. night with her through the week (THAT'S TONIGHT!!!) and she will spend the weekends with me in the new house. I didn't realize how much I like having her around ...I just take it for granted that she's always there and I need it to be that way. ...We will celebrate "just being together" by taking a break from life this weekend and heading to the river for a mini-vacate! ...but for now, I miss my girl.

**Don't forget this weekend is mothers day**
What are you getting? Giving?

p.s. HAPPY HUMP DAY!

4 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Master Foley said…

    have a good one

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger ananonymousgirl said…

    Welcome Home SS!!!

    Kids are the best aren't they? I could pull all of their hair out at times, but I swear I love the noise of having them run around the house and miss them desperately when they are gone!

    Now, for a tip on the wallpaper removal. Buy one of those cheap plastic hand-held water sprayers that you can get at the dollar store. Then fill it with one part cheap liquid fabric softener and three parts warm water. After you score the wall, spray it on and let it "sit for a bit". You'll be able to pull huge strips of that shit off the wall!! Works, I swear! And, you'll make Martha Stewart happy because you'll have a nice, lovely scent in the room :)

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Rainbow-Bright said…

    Hey, AG...I'm sure SS will use your tip and I just wanted to say thanks as well. I have so many paper stripping horror stories that I don't even wanna start but your tip will help me in re-doing my daughter's room since she has taken it upon herself to begin removing the border by her bed.

     
  • At 3:16 PM, Blogger Ne Nebraska House Cleaning said…

    Great blog. I'm always finding blog like yours. It
    got my attention and I will go to the site again!
    I know that you love my work so, look up my wi wisconsin house cleaning blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home