Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Monday, August 08, 2005

Is it in his Kiss?

Is there always "that one special guy" out there for each of us? Or couldn't we just "learn to love someone". I used to believe in love at first sight ...till I fell in love with everyone I looked at. I think I may just be "in love with love" ...if that makes sense.

The rockstar, though completely immature, irresponsible and unmotivated ...really captured my heart. We had instant chemistry ...and alot of fun together. I don't know what went wrong or when it did exactly. All I know is we are now worlds away. ...and I miss the way we laughed and enjoyed everyday. He really knew how to make me smile ...like no one else ...when he wanted to.

I have recently been "going/hanging out" with *hot wakeboarding boy (with boat mind you!!)* and he's a really super nice guy ...very family oriented, own business (financial security) and is ...just genuinely ...a "good guy". ...But ..the chemistry doesn't seem to be there ...and I'm not sure it's there for either one of us. Is it possible that chemistry will find its way in later? We enjoy time together ...we like a lot of the same things ...he's a friend of the family and ..that's a plus ...as I prefer to spend my weekends with my family! ..but ...we are ...just not that close. I mean, what's wrong with me ...why does the nice guy always finish last ...and does he have to? My head says ...he's great ...awesome ..unbelieveable ...my heart says ...he's not the one. Am I still in love with rockstar? What's the hold up heart?

7 Comments:

  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Kirsti said…

    Give him some time. If you dump him you'll fall deeply in love with him the second he turns his back and walks away. Spend some time with him and you'll see what's right. I think you can "learn" to love someone if you like them

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous The PoopSmith said…

    I agree with kirsti in that you can learn to love.
    I do not agree that the nice guy always loses. I don't think I lost :)
    But I think there has to be a certain amount of "natural" chemistry. I don't think people have to have either a lot in common or not much in common, I'm of the impression that people need to know how to have fun together. I think the fun part is even more important than the "physical attraction".
    The problem is people often lose this fun chemistry and hence the downfall of the rockstar. But I don't think it should be lost there just has to be work for it to stay there from both parties. Whoever says that an awesome long standing relationship doesn't take some sort of effort/compromise/work is a fool.
    I think your rockstar was probably a fool and just expected the relationship to work by itself and I think your wakeboarder might not be the fit for you! (sorry nice guy). But I think there has to be someone out there ready to give as well as be on the wild side a little (something I think you appreciate in a man).

    Who am I though? I really don't know you apart from what you have revealed on this blog, so I'll go back to shovelling $hit.

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    Absolutely ...having fun and being able to have a good conversation are super important to me. I know that, for anything to work, we must never stop trying to "impress" each other. I don't like it when things get "too comfortable" ...but for whatever reason ..new boy and I just started out "too comfortable"

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Schattig Duiveltje said…

    Heej!! How deep is your post!!!! I think love can and has to grow.. And as said before, you need to have fun together, and being able to talk to each other..
    I don't know you that well (not at all actually) but I guess you'll have to wait a bit more, and really find out how you feel about him.. I know that the love for my boyfriend had to grow.. I mean, it was there, but it is bigger now! And if it really doesn't work out..
    But I do believe in Love at First Sight, sort of.. I do think there is someone for everyone, and a friend of mine has a really good theory for that! If I can remember it, I'll tell you (if you want to). I wish you the best of luck with the wakeboarder!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Master Foley said…

    give it time

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Oh Ohio House Cleaning said…

    I took pleasure in the site and I will go back!
    Surfing online for blogs like this one is worth my
    time. Sensational blog.
    You must peep out my co colorado house cleaning blog.

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous San Diego hotels said…

    Good comments. But, I do not agree with most of them. People sure have a lot of time on their hands.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home