Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Friday, August 26, 2005

ON BEING IRRESPONSIBLE...

I QUIT MY JOB TODAY ...I CAN'T BELIEVE I QUIT MY JOB. THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST IRRESPONSIBLE THING I'VE EVER DONE. WHAT KIND OF SINGLE MOM QUITS HER JOB BEFORE SHE HAS ANOTHER ONE. ...I JUST FIGURED EVERYTHING ELSE WAS FALLING APART ..WHY NOT QUIT MY JOB WHILE I WAS AT IT. IT'S OFFICIAL FOLKS ..THE BREAKDOWN IS IN FULL SWING:

Exit Interview (email from boss):

I consider this note to me a resignation of your position.

Just so we are clear, my job here is not to make you feel warm and welcome, my first job here is to operate this business profitably.
I do not dislike you in any way, nor feel that you do a bad job and will give you a recommendation. Your attention to detail does occasionally suffer and could be an area for improvement. On the positive side, you are excellent with customers and a friendly voice on the phone. Your persona greeting those who enter is friendly and warm.

I do not accept that you have not been given training, because it is my belief that you absorbed the part of the job you wanted and did not pursue the rest. Our goal was to hire someone we could train in all aspects of this business and you have made it clear you do not wish to pursue the more technical portions. It is my belief you have grown all you are willing to grow here. I do not think that this position has been fulfilling for you, nor fits you well as you seem to desire a busy, people filled environment.

Your personal life is just that. I cannot control what happens to you outside of this building, nor wish to try. I know it is impossible to completely disengage, but you should strive for more personal detachment at work. On my personal note, I always wish you well, success and happiness.

As you have notified me of your desire to find other employment, I ask that you not work past September so we can make plans to find your replacement. Of course, you may leave at any time.

You have today to reconsider your resignation.

**signed-BOSS**

From Me To Boss:

I don’t talk to you because I never know how your attitude will be ..wether you will welcome me or make me feel totally unwanted. I honestly believe that you have grown to dislike me very much …like I have disappointed you in some way ..and since working here …I dislike me and am disappointed too. I have never understood my job and …don’t feel I was ever given the training I needed to excel. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so useless in my whole life. The only reason I am still here is because I hate to quit and I like the Natzi.

My whole world is falling apart right now. I didn’t get to go to sleep until 3:30 this morning ..and yet I tried to come in here with a smile on my face. I really didn’t need you to hurt my feelings again.

I appreciate you giving me the chance to work here but I think it’s time for me to move on. I’m going to start looking for a job next week.

**Signed SS**

From: Boss
To: Me

My comment was meant for **Nazi Co-worker**. He gets uncomfortable with small talk, and you like to talk to him and I find it amusing.
My comment, said with sarcasm, was a continuation of the “I wish **other co-workers** would talk to you too” conversation we already had.

My fault, again sorry

**Signed Boss**

15 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    I guess I just wrote all that backwards ..maybe helpful to start at bottom ..so the progression is clearer;)

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Kirsti said…

    Oh me oh my.. Best of luck. Have yourself a bottle of Martini asti

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Master Foley said…

    OK so I'm really confused now

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    apparently I AM TOO!

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Blogger Original Blog-surfer said…

    So...are you going to get a job soon, or just take it easy for awhile?

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous The PoopSmith said…

    Whoa heavy times.
    Thinking about you and hope everything works out good (even more so on the life front than the job side).
    Thanks for sharing...

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    I really ..don't have a plan. I just know there's a new adventure before me and ..I'm ready to explore it. Kind of scary ..kind of exciting ..I'll keep you posted!!

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger ananonymousgirl said…

    Sometimes SS you just have to step blindly forward and see where the journey takes you...

    You are a strong woman! I know you will make it!

    Besides, you can always come live with me :)

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    you can always move in with Mrs. JQP and myself...

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Wickwire said…

    Sometime soon you will probably look back on these days and say to yourself, It was the best move I ever made.
    More strength to you.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous The PoopSmith said…

    ughgh post already :)

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    **Shuffles Papers** No time to post blog -Posting Resume on every website I can find!! -Wish me luck! **crosses fingers -and legs ((have to pee -No time))**

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Paul Adams said…

    Hey Strawberrie-Shortcake, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
    I have a job bank where do you live site. It pretty much covers job bank where do you live related subjects.
    Come and check it out if you get time :-)
    Best regards!

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger James Baker said…

    Hello Strawberrie-Shortcake! I just came across your blog and wanted to
    drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
    the information you have posted here.
    I also have a web site & blog about ontario job bank so I know I'm talking
    about when I say yours is top-notch! Keep up the
    great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
    If you have a moment, please visit my site ontario job bank
    Best success!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Ar Arkansas House Cleaning said…

    Delightful blog. I devote my spare time just
    looking for great blogs such as yours. I treasure this
    site and will go back!
    Once you sign on, check for my ny new york house cleaning blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home