Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

BE NOT FILLED BY THE FRUIT OF THE VINE....

So ...I definitely think the Lord is trying to tell me something. I have heard the following verse THREE times this week in different circles:

"Be not filled by the fruit of the vine, but be filled by the Holy Spirit"

The 3rd time I heard it I was minding my own business, in my own pew, thinking of my own achey belly and wishing the preacher would "wrap it up" so I could be FILLED WITH A ROAST BEEF SANDWICH AT ARBYS!!

I nearly fell off my seat! My head flipped around like the exorcist ....I wanted to shake my fists in the air and yell! "ALL RIGHT ALREADY I HEAR YOU!!!!!"

To make matters worse, much worse... His next sentence was "have you ever been drunk OR have you ever SEEN a drunk" ...that's when my loving 15 y.o. daughter looks over at me and says "hmmp" in a snooty teenage "im better than you are" sort of way. ...which ...would not been near as bad on the back row ...but i'm pretty sure every holy roller in the place saw us on the 2ND ROW!!! I wanted to melt...

Am I really that bad?? I don't feel like I'm too out of control! I just like to have a little toddy every now and again and again and again and again (sorry lost my train of thought.) I mean ..I don't forget her at school for days on end ...I don't hide my MOUNT GAY RUM in the light fixtures or pass out during important events ...actually ..Im pretty sure my family would rather I pass out ...I'm pretty sure "the passing out thing" is self-defense ...preservation of ones own reputation ...but for whatever reason ...my body forgets to shut down **looks embarrassed** I mean ..I'm among family and friends at the lake ...so whats a little dancing on the picnic table hurt anyway?

What kind of drunk are you? Happy, silly, sad? -Tell me your most embarrasing story!!

9 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Becka said…

    What kind of drunk am i? hmm.... how bout a horny-happy-silly drunk! LMAO i guess that about sums it up.
    most embarrassing story. i have a few. many moons ago i got so drunk i passed out in somebody's front yard....naked. The time spent getting to that drunken state was fun... involved a 3some in a cemetery... cutting in on a "choo-choo line" for the bathroom cause i had to pee... and a game of quarters, which i obviously suck at.
    More recently, I was on a business trip (RB was there) and I had several different drinks. Everyone did. My lips went numb while I was on the phone with my spouse.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    LOL *shakes head* I'm speechless... ha ha ha ..I think MY lips just went numb!!!

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Rainbow-Bright said…

    Well, normally...I'm the happy drunk dancin' on the bar for tips with cigg in hand but last weekend at the river, it was a different story. Let's just say, rum and straws DON'T MIX! When a girl can get pukin'/passin' out drunk in under and hour...she has a problem, right?

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    ..yeah ..pretty sure that's a problem **wink**

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Kirsti said…

    I am a very, very happy and hyper drunk. Also, very creative. I wanna drink with you! *pout* I can make a mean margarita!

    In all honesty: You are a grown woman, your 15-year-old will do things like that no matter what your vice was. Did you not do a good job in raising her, hmm? Do you not deserve you fun nights? Yes you do. Now come here and test if this margarita is strong enough

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    ...better add a little more -I AM A GROWN WOMAN **wink**

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Rainbow-Bright said…

    Hey, SS...least I don't have to worry about remembering what dumba** stuff I did. If I'm passed out, I can't do anything wrong! HA!

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Strawberrie-Shortcake said…

    I dont have to worry about remembering either ...there's always 5 anxious people waitting to tell me all about it when I wake up ;)

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    we all know what kind of drunk I am... a adventure drunk...

    I still have not had anything, 14 days now...yes, I made that much of an ass out a myself.

    all my best,

    JQP

     

Post a Comment

<< Home