Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

MISPLACED OBSESSION...

I think... after some, very minimal, self reflection ...I have finally realized what my issue is. ((yes, contrary to popular belief.. there is just ONE "issue" -SINGULAR)) I am not obsessive-compulsive, as originally (self) diagnosed.. but instead ...i'm pretty sure, I have a "mobile obsession". My obsession actually moves from one activity to another... If one is not available ...another easily fills it's place. All this insight comes after a long night out ...with alcohol, of course, intensifying the effects of my reflection...

Generally, I am very compulsive with my "house work" -or OVERALL SANITIZATION (as some would say) This, oddly enough, does not carry over to my truck... which leads me to believe... I am not- "down with o.c.d" A true victim of O.C.D is not able to be so selective with the "sanitization process" ...I'm pretty sure everything is 100% sterile ...all the time for those folks! Also, my "obsessiveness" is usually restricted to my own house- I like to be in charge of my world and ..it gives me a sense of "being in control" I think... No matter what else is falling a part at the minute ...I know my home ..is a safe haven ...clear of chaos. -Plus, I have been told over the years... MANY TIMES, it is not cool to try and exert control over someone else' world! hee hee hee. However, I must add the following disclaimer **If I am spending extended amounts of time at your house THEN your house tends to roll over or merge into my world. In that case I am no longer able to distinguish between mine and yours and your home "may" become subject to sterilization. Please do not take offense. Clutter makes my nerves nervous...
To Summarize... I spend a TREMENDOUS amount of time cleaning things that are considered, by most people, already clean.

However, after spending the weekend at my sisters house (which is always clean and clutter-free) I realized.. when there is nothing to clean... My obsession is just as easily fulfilled by EATING! The only thing I cleaned out all weekend was the refrigerator! I'm fully aware of the fact that I consumed like 9000 calories a day while I was there and not only am I ok with that... I'M PROUD! Hey.. the fridge is clean! ha! I'm killing 2 birds with 14 county ham biscuits, a casserole and 9 bags of chips! That's a lot for a little girl to put away! On a side note, I'm pretty sure my brother-in-law is disgusted by the fact that I can eat 7 boxes of twinkies, 3 frozen pizzas and 5 bottles of wine BEFORE BREAKFAST. ...As I was fixing a bologna sandwich at 3am this morn I heard him call out from the bedroom "stay out of the cheetos fatty" ((and that's the part that's NO JOKE! I admit I'm an over-exxaggerater sometimes... it was only 2 bottles of wine- but my brother in law really did call me fatty!)) But what he doesn't know... Is I wasn't going for the chips... I was logging onto myspace... for it seems my obsession has moved, once again...

Myspace is the whole reason I'm not obsessed with this place anymore.. I never post blogs these days because I'm "checking out everyones medicine cabinets on myspace" ...COMPLETELY OBSESSED.. I can not log off myspace. I HAVE A MOBILE OBSESSION... I can't seem to do anything in moderation and most of all ... I can't sit still... which confirms the need for mobility.

Is there a name for this?

5 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Kirsti said…

    You don't call.. you don't write.. what's the matter?

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Becka said…

    hey kirsti...maybe if u ask real nice she'll link u up to her myspace site.... worked for me! :)

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Becka said…

    hey kirsti...maybe if u ask real nice she'll link u up to her myspace site.... worked for me! :)

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Kirsti said…

    please please please will you be my myspace friend...? *pouts and buts on her bambi eyes*

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    I am back and I still love you all...

    did you miss me?

    JQP

     

Post a Comment

<< Home