Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Devil made me do it!

Okay, if you know me, you know that I have very little willpower whatsoever. I was not blessed with, what's it called? Ummm, a conscious? Just kidding, I do have one, but I do choose to ignore it from time to time in the name of fun. What is so wrong with that? I have a quote that I keep posted by my desk that reads like this... "You are free to make choices; you are not free to escape the consequences of those choices." I am not sure where this originated but I took it to heart almost 3 years ago when I found it. Three years ago, I was having the time of my life while I kept that little conscious of mine buried deep within, but I always knew there would be a day when I would have to face the facts that my actions did not affect me alone; but hurt many others along the way.

So, why am I bringing this up now? Well, here it is 10 days until Christmas and I should be worried about being a good girl so Santa will look kindly upon me and bring me that parfume from Victoria's Secret and the Keri Noble Cd that I've been wanting for a whole year! Instead, here I sit at my desk, thinking of all the fun I could be having if that little angel on my right shoulder would get snuffed out by the devil on my left. Life really is about choices and I don't regret any that I've made, I am happy and I love my family. I wouldn't change anything but I do believe that I will forever be looking for that excitment of the days gone by. Will I be 40, 50 and even 60 and STILL be looking for that "moment" that just blows my mind? Am I a Desperate Housewife? I never would have thought so, I mean, they are like in their 40's, on the verge of a mid-life crisis, not pushing 30 with a child under 2 at home.

So, I thought I was doing well at being a good wife and mother...that is until I was faced with a proposition that just seemed almost too good to turn down. I fought with this (yes, a sex proposition) for quite some time, even looked to SS for support. She knows that of my many weaknesses, this would be the biggest of them all. No strings attached, hot steamy sex with an adoring man who just wants to please and be pleased...nothing more. Oh, the simplicity of it all, no questions asked, no, I don't care that you took the garbage out AND did the dishes...just get me wet, do your thing and leave me be! We all know the perils of adultery and the dangerous road it can lead you down, so why was I even considering this proposal? Uhhh, were you even reading the above??? Because, it feels damn good!

In the face of temptation, how did I respond? I politely, begrudgingly said no and have tried to reconsider ever since. The better part of me knows that I made the right decision and I am glad I listened to my conscious, but man...what fun I could have!

7 Comments:

  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm...i wonder what are the statistics of women who actually committed adultery?? 1 out of 10? or more?

    also, between men and women, who are prone to commit adultery? isnt this something to ponder about?? hehe.

    cheers,
    michelle
    http://www.momo4ever.com

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't have a blogger account, so I guess I have to post anonymous.. :-) Fiction or not, the story was Tasty!!!

    And, since you were wondering about stats... I Didn't feel like busting out my college sociology books, but I think this site pretty much gives you the answers you seek.. Very Interesting..
    Stay Tasty!

    Jay
    from DaTaste.com Tasty Blog..

    -Infidelity statistics-

    From:http://www.manhaters.com/infidelity-statistics.asp

    It's tough to get a handle on how many of us are having affairs, given the inherent secrecy.

    * 22 percent of married men have strayed at least once during their married lives.
    * 14 percent of married women have had affairs at least once during their married lives.
    * Younger people are more likely candidates; in fact, younger women are as likely as younger men to be unfaithful.
    * 70 percent of married women and 54 percent of married men did not know of their spouses' extramarital activity.
    * 5 percent of married men and 3 percent of married women reported having sex with someone other than their spouse in the 1997.
    * 22 percent of men and 14 percent of women admitted to having sexual relations outside their marriage sometime in their past.
    * 90 percent of Americans believe adultery is morally wrong.
    * 50 percent of Americans say President Clinton's adultery makes his moral standard "about the same as the average married man,'' according to a Time-CNN poll.
    * 61 percent of Americans thought adultery should not be a crime in the United states; 35 percent thought it should; 4 percent had no opinion.
    * 17 percent of divorces in the United States are caused by infidelity.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger globalrenovation said…

    When the heat is gone... a big empty spot stays. It's not wet aside from tears! Oh... and how about a little illness to fill things out. I haven't cheated on my wife (I've thought about it only and think it's healthy to do so) but have an ugly past history that allows me to know something about the subject. Hang tight!

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger ME said…

    Thanks for the comments! Jay, your stats are very interesting and provided just the insight I needed. I visited your Tasty site...good job! I'll be a regular visitor from now on.

    Yes, Globalrenovation, you are correct and I need to remember that when I'm tempted but I am the type to live in the "here and now" which is not good. Thanks for your wise words though.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Miss Megumi said…

    Thank you for your visit to my blog, and for your comment.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    turned it down? wow...
    the most current stats I saw were that 43% of married women between the ages of 32 and 42 will jump the fence at least once...that swhy I suggest to my friends that they marry bi-sexual women, at least it dbls your chances on a weekend...

    sorry, must be the meds talking


    JQP

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck on getting what you want,and making the right decisions.
    Emily aka madmommy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home