Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

My Jerry Springer Moment

So, this has been saved as a draft for a week...guess, I can post it now!

This actually happend a couple of weeks ago but since I am still dealing with the mess, I thought I would share. Some of you may remember my blog about my car accident the week before Christmas when I slid down an icy hill, smashed into a dividing wall then finally came to rest against a guardrail which was the only thing keeping me from plunging 30 feet to my certain death. Well, after a grand total of $8,000, and 30 days later, I had my SUV back. This one traumatized me greatly because I just knew I was doomed! Course, I escaped with not even a scrape...unless you count my damaged ego from everyone laughing at me and telling me that I can't drive. Oh well, on with the story... So, last month I'm in the drive thru line at Mc D's ordering when I look in my rear view mirror to find this car backing up...I yelled at the chick to stop as I tried to move up but the ditz didn't stop and she backed right into my freshly painted bumper, scratching it all to hell. I didn't notice it at the time but right as she was backing up, the manager from Mc'D's is running out the door to the car, screaming, "Get the F*** out of that car, right now!" She then proceeded to begin beating on the window of the car that just hit me, all the while screaming, "what the $%*&@#" and "Is that bitch carrying you baby or somethin?" From the car emerges the scraggliest looking fellow I've ever seen, with his head hung down in shame. The two love-birds then ride off into the sunset, leaving me pissed off with scratches on my bumper and the trashy chick who hit me with dents in her door.

So, the police were called to file a report and guess what??? Girl, doesn't have proof of insurance...imagine that! "Of course I have it officer, I just left my husband in Ohio and didn't get a new card." Yeah, whatever! So, she is sited for the violation and we go on our way...me finally getting food and her going back to the trailer park she came from. So, I get my estimate...$488 and deliver it to the county attorney's office in hopes they add it to her charges so she will have to pay me when she pays her court costs. That would be all fine and good...IF she appeared! She did not, so now there is a warrant out for this 21 year old and my truck STILL isn't fixed.

Other than that mess...I might be following in the footsteps of a fellow blogger and moving on to a new job. This prospect sounds even better, given the recent events around this place. If the job comes thru, I will hit the ground running and not look back but we'll see what happens and I'll keep you guys posted cause I know how much you care. ;)

Oh and sorry I've left the job of keeping you all up to date up to Strawberrie alone but between this job and being sick for over a week, I'm lucky to be here now. I do miss you all though and try to check in with you daily, even if I don't comment.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger ME said…

    well, they said she would be fired and yes one of the girls in the car that hit me did apply for her job BUT, she is still there so they didn't fire her. I should sue her ass for chasing the girl that backed into me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home