Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Friday, February 04, 2005

No More Nekkidness!

In keeping with the adult theme that seems to be prevelent today, I just have to talk about what is going on in the big city nearby. The Louisville Metro Council is intent on regulating adult businesses in town, namely strip clubs. It seems that after March 1, the following will be law in L'ville, taken from their website...

"Here’s what the ordinance would do: prohibit nudity at all establishments with only semi-nudity being allowed; prohibit alcohol on premises that have semi-nude dancing and require a 500-foot buffer from an establishment serving alcohol with existing legal businesses being allowed to continue to operate through state law as a non-conforming use; create a uniform hours of operation for adult entertainment businesses (9 a.m. to 1 a.m); and rewrite about 25 percent of the existing adult entertainment regulations to ensure that they withstand a court challenge."

So, for the poor girls whose livelihood depended on getting naked and getting tips, it seems they will need to look for other work. From what I have heard, even those establishments that do not serve alcohol still they are not really allowed to be topless, the girls must still wear pasties. How many men (or women) would be into watching someone dance around in her bikini? This is crazy and surely to end the career of more than a few people! Oh and no more touching the girls, even to give a tip...there must now be a tip jar on the stage. WTH! Oh, and forget couch dances, those are a thing of the past in L'ville. Honestly, what is wrong with the girl getting a little touchy/feely just to make a few extra bucks?

So, if you live in the Louisville area, be prepared to drive a bit to get your nekkid girl fix cause it ain't happenin' around these parts anymore and I must say, I think it is complete and utter b*s! What do you think?

9 Comments:

  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    good, now maybe all those ppl who ovted right-wing will see what happens when someone else forces their morals onto them....

    oh, and HI!
    court sucked, she got off with 8 years took a plea, this after she killed her 3 year old and left her body in the house for 3 weeks...

    and yes I did go out and get real real real fucking drunk last night....

    other than that I guess I am the only person working on a Sat.

    hope ya'll are having a good weekend!

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Scarlett said…

    Thanks for the Un-Birthday Wish and the nice compliment!!

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    oh and who is s-l-o-w posting this week?

    et tu?


    JQP

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    hungover that bad? LOL, welcome to my world!
    are you my long lost sister?
    and if you are is it ok if we still date?

    LOL, that was a joke...
    granted a KY, WV, TX, and SC joke but it still made me smile...

    who needs the to-mader' juice now?

    and when your feeling better details I want details!

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger ME said…

    Yeah, the are really looking at the smoking ban in L'ville and while I think it is crazy too, at least it doesn't put people out of work.

    Hey, SS...I say we make one last visit to L'ville, then it'll be "roadtrip"!!!! ;)

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    well if you want them back just ask...


    did they show my interview? a friend just called me fromCA and said I was on the CNN newsbreak...must be a slow news day...

     
  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    yeap...
    and they keep me busy, very busy....
    want to come follow me around for a day? LOL


    anyway, hope your feeling better soon! we have some party time tue night lil S-S!

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger ME said…

    AG, I LOVE Atlanta! I would up for a trip anytime...use to live near Savannah and I made a few friends in Atlanta. We went to a really big gay bar (can't remember the name) a few times and had a blast...but I think the most fun was us being the center of attraction at some little sports bar! Fun Fun!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger ME said…

    Yes, that was the place...I even had a "frequent member card" although, I think they gave those to everyone. I kept it for several years. There are some pretty cool places to go in the 'ville also, so maybe a trip north is in your future as well?

    Underground was a lot of fun too, we were there during Olympics...one party after another!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home