Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Monday, February 14, 2005

So much for big expectations!

Saturday night was to be the big night! My return to the bar scene after I decided to settle down and have a baby. I couldn't wait to go, I went shopping for a cute little shirt, borrowed shoes from SS, showered, shaved, primped and polished, anticipating my night of fun! I called a girlfriend of mine to make the 40 minute trip with me as I was to meet SS and the other party-girls there. We were going up a little early so we could get started sooner...I couldn't wait to get my drink on and get on the dance floor. So, we arrive before the other girls and find a place to park. "Oh wait," I say, "I can't find my wallet!" Apparently my sweet little baby girl took it out of my purse! So, now I'm downtown, ready to party and I can't get in because I have neither my ID or any cash. I should have taken this as a sign to just go home and call it a night, but NO DAMMIT....this was to be my night! I wanted to party! So, after another hour and 20 minutes, we were at our destination with my ID in hand, we made our way to the club to meet up with SS and the girls. The thing was, there was NOWHERE to dance! After sucking down two drinks I was more than ready to get my groove on and the only decent bar didn't have a dance floor and the others had one about as big as my half bath! It was miserable, we couldn't move, we couldn't breath...had their been a fire, we would have all surely been trampled to death. I could look over all of this had I had a freakin' inch to move, so I could have danced to at least ONE song, but no, it was not in the cards for me this particular night.

I was tired, I wanted to go home, I was cold and my feet hurt...damn I sound old! What has happened to all the good times? I made it home by 3 am, no buzz left at all and just wanting to hit the sheets before the baby's 6am wake-up call. To top it off, I felt like crap all day, I had a headache and just wanted to stay in bed.

Am I getting old? Is this an official end to my bar days? I don't even care to be dancing ON the bar anymore, I would just settle for shakin' my ass on the dance floor and I couldn't even get that! I honestly can't remember EVER having a night like this in all of my bar days...and there were MANY of them. Maybe I'm growing up? I doubt that, but I do feel my bar-hoppin' days ending slowly and it makes me sad. I knew it wouldn't be the same and that is fine...I'd rather stay out of trouble these days but I just didn't expect to be so miserable. Maybe its for the best that I didn't have any fun? Maybe that'll keep me from going back and getting myself in trouble as in the past? Who knows! All I know is right at this moment, I don't care if I ever go back!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger ME said…

    ...Uneventful? Yeah, you could say that! We were all looking pretty hot but what does it matter when you got no room to show off?

    It was a very expensive night for me as well, especially when you add in the $20 in gas I spent, just to finally make it there!

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger ME said…

    "I don't wanna grow up...I'm a bar-hoppin' chick!" That's what I say! Even if I don't feel like it after the weekend, I'm not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Maybe I just need a rematch!

    Thanks for sayin' I'm hot! LOL

     
  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger ME said…

    House Parties....hmmm Ed, I think that is a great idea! SS...that's what we'll do in March! We'll pretend my coffee table is a stage!

    But, I don't think I've ever been "psyco girl"...maybe SS, but not me! Haha! I'm pretty sane most of the time. I just wanna have fun like we use to, maybe that type of fun ends when your this close to 30? LOL

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    "shakin' my ass" dear rain, you can always call me and I will hepl out in any way I can...

    one thing I find that helpful, go out early, get your drunk on starts dancing around 9 and be gone by 11....

    but what the fuck do I know...

    JQP

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    and my god Ed, you look like a hitman for the young republicans or an undertaker...

    chills


    oh, well back to my gin and tonic, its that kind of day here at the Salt Mine...

    JQP esq.

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger ME said…

    You are right John...it was my plan to get there early and get drunk before the crowd showed up. If only I hadn't left my stupid wallet at home!

    And yes...the next time I feel the need to "shake my ass" I'll let you know. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home