Out of Character

Just two friends, sharing, laughing and remembering...Good Times!

Friday, February 18, 2005

Blah, Blah, Blah

This week has flown by and its hard to believe that I haven't posted since Tuesday. I tried several times and either had nothing to type about or was inturrupted mid-sentence (damn, I hate how I am suppose to actually work at WORK) so here I am. I must say, this has been an extremely productive week for me. My desk is nearly cleared except for those things that I choose to put off until they go away and I feel as though I got more accomplished this past week than any other week in the past year. Why is this? Well, since SS decided to move in with Rockstar and I don't get to monopolize her time like I use to, the work day is a big part of our time together. With the use of email and instant messaging, I am all but a click away from whatever topic or question of the moment. I am not complaining by any means, this steady interaction has a way of making the work day shorter and I cannot tell you how many times a day, I laugh outloud due to something silly that she said or typed. It is a good thing that I am in a small office with very few others around. Otherwise, I'm sure they would have either had cameras installed or forced me to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.

So, since I've been ever so productive this week, I decided I would take today and only do things which I must so I will have time to blog and just clean my office. I really need to do something about the bread crumbs in my keyboard and the dust collecting on my shelves. I had this intention when I woke up this morning...then things went to hell. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was late yet again today. Today, it was 20 minutes past time to come in and of course...Boss was here to give me hell about it. Today being Friday and me being already as full as his shit as I can take, I spout something off which I usually wouldn't. It was an ugly mess and I would have much rather just walked out the door than listened to that crap yet again. In 5 years time, I have been late at least 200 times, if he was going to fire me over it then he would have by now. "If your not going to fire me over it, jackass then just leave me the hell alone!" Of course I didn't say this but man...I should have. I am not an "on time" person and will never claim to be. If I was hired solely to be on time, then I'm afraid they are not getting their monies worth. I'm salary, I don't punch it and I put in much more than my 40, whats the big deal? So, after the discussion that "I'm a supervisor and should set a good example," the same one I've heard at least a dozen times, he leaves. Blah, blah, fucking blah!


I am just glad this week is over and next week, SS will be back so I can go back to being almost totally unproductive...but at least I'll be on time! Well, maybe...I will try at least.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Doesnt it feel GREAT to be productive? God - I'm such a procrastinator that it only happens 3, maybe 4 times a year - but those days keep me going...

     
  • At 12:28 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    sound something like my week well have a great friday

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    no memephis this week, life gets in the way of fun

    well, good for you!

    I know what you mean, my boss-the borg, and i went around about that so I did a time study and found out I put in an avg of 62 hrs a week with some weeks over 80 and then I said ok, I want some flex-time....

    never heard another word about my hours again.

    that and I hope S-S is taking lots of pics :)

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    sadly the Memphis trip this weekend was a bust, however the plans are made for a long St. Paddy's day trip to SC and GA...

    livning large southland style...

    oh, and I hope S-S, took lots o' pics....

    JQP

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger ME said…

    YES, Keely it feels wonderful to be so productive...makes me wonder why I don't do it more often.

    I do think I should do a time study, couse I would have to do it for start and ending time only...not based on what I actually get accomplished work-wise. That would probably get me fired!

    Sorry your Memphis trip was a bust John but I'm sure you will make it a memorable St. Pat's day. If you ever make it to the celebration in Savannah, GA on Riverstreet, it would definitely be worth it. I had a blast there 3 years in a row.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger ME said…

    Hey Manley! I am in but only for awhile today. I have a couple projects I have to get started then I should be out the door by lunch. Have a good day!

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger John Q. Public esq. said…

    LOL, how did you know where we were going? LOL, the sweet and loving Mrs. has family there, we will be stay'en on their boat...

    and in SC we will be with my ppl.

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH MY! You said Effing!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home